Announcement - Jan LTime and future contests

The January Lunchtime is being made unrated due to the various issues that users faced.

With the high traffic that we have been getting recently, we have been facing issues with our infrastructure, and the contest experience has been bad. Keeping this in mind, we are postponing all rated short contests, till a time when we are sure that the contests can be held smoothly, and we’ve had a smooth testing round. In particular, the Starters contest scheduled for 31st January is being postponed till further announcements. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Note: The February Long Challenge will take place as usual.

34 Likes

Thanks a lot for this decision. Better to have no contest than a bad one.

20 Likes

You have our support

7 Likes

Thanks for making it unrated. :rofl: To be honest, I didn’t face any server issues but I would have received negative delta if it wasnt unrated. :joy:

17 Likes

Support to you !!!

1 Like

After a long year, I was able to solve one question but you made this contest unrated. No Problem I’ll try my best next time.

10 Likes

Why do you even host contests anymore…

33 Likes

Postponing further contest is nice but to be honest i also didnt faced any server issues , other then queue.

18 Likes

Pehli baar codechef kara tha aaj maine, aur aaj hi aapne marli rating hamari…

8 Likes

Fucking trash site. I wasted 3 hours in last Lunchtime and 3 more hours this time. Time to stop giving anymore contests here for me. The server issues are known 10 min into the contest but ya’ll like waiting for 3 hours to tell that the contest is getting unrated.

33 Likes

Today I managed to get a good rank, now you are making this unrated. This is not fair. If this round is being made unrated, than so should be cookoff. My ratings dropped in cookoff. I had server issues in that contest too and I had to wait for minutes to submit solution.

38 Likes

sahi kaha barodar.

why don’t you take this step in long challenge , where mass cheating take place and make them unrated ,contest experience get worse after that much amount of cheating

11 Likes

Not cool man. For the first time i was gonna make a jump to another divison. This was not as bad as the last cookoff you should make that one unrated. not this one. :frowning:

10 Likes

Stopping the cheating on long contest is nigh on impossible. I would suggest you to do the problems after the contest ends. I could see the frustration disappear for me.

2 Likes

For the first time, I was able to do all 6 questions (with last one partial) in div 3 (from max 2 questions in previous contests), but bad luck.

4 Likes

i faced more server issue in coodoff then this but why it is unrated :confused:??

8 Likes

January cook-off server issues were worse than lunchtime and I left the contest in middle and my rating decreased. Now, I patiently gave lunchtime and you declared it unrated. Wow!! Time to leave codechef forever.

12 Likes

This is not the first time and the people only lose faith in codechef contests when they are made unrated all of a sudden. It is unfair to people who actually did well and now they don’t get any rating. I think its good that codechef has withdrawn such contests, although they should’ve done that long ago. :expressionless:

6 Likes