Announcement - Jan LTime and future contests

Guys mail codechef otherwise they won’t respond feedback@codechef.com

finally something good taking place…you have our support!

Please learn from mistakes…

I get the whole situation, but what about the ones who faced no problems, or even after facing those disgusting server error issues, could submit their problems(me included)??? That would be daaaamn injustice for them.

2 Likes

Exactly they should have told that earlier.

2 Likes

exactly same…this is sooooooo unfair

1 Like

You are doing Great. Helping all of us in developing our competitive coding skills.
But these small problems ruins all your efforts. Try something different.

2 Likes

Please @admin make this contest rated.

5 Likes

why dont you just change your logo…and stop hosting contest !! It is better to be a ecomerce site …like amazon,flipkart make it a ecommerce site…you dont haave to host contest anymore…when you can make cookoff rated (with huge quene and server issue and last minute fix) why you make lunchtime unrated(successfully wasted my 3hr of time)…Just make it a ecommerce site i will promise that i will buy something everymonth!!

3 Likes

switch to codeforces bro. good level of questions and global competition also

Please make it rated

1 Like

For the first time I solved all the problems in a contest and you decide to make it unrated. The issues faced in Cookoff was much worse but it was still rated. Either you should make both of them unrated or both of them rated. I don’t think this is a right solution.

3 Likes

Oh right the only time I managed to get first place in lunchtime this happened…

2 Likes

There was a server issue but it was so small. refreshing twice was enough usually.
The issues were more in last time cook off , it was not made unrated and this is being made unrated
:man_facepalming: I did good in this contest. The questions were easier than usual. The queue is normal for a short contest , This is an unnecessary thing. I was feeling very happy last night that I would be a 4 star at last , feeling extremely disappointed :expressionless:. @admin

When ever I solved number of problems , that contest going to unrated :unamused:

2 Likes

If you want to make anything unrated then make those long challenge contests unrated. For lunch time you could have given extra time like cook-off why did you make it unrated? I dont think unacademy after acquiring codechef did any thing better but instead made the situation worse.

2 Likes

@admin CodeChef fall on deaf ears from this type of post this only switching the user towards other CP platform.

What’s really the point of being a platform for students if you don’t even listen to them? There are polls being floated which clearly show that we want the contest to become rated, so why not change your decision now?

1 Like

for the first time I was able to solve 4 out of 6 problems in the lunchtime, thought to get a better ranking and upgraded rating. You guys now made it unrated🙂

2 Likes

yr literally this is not done why you didn’t unrated the cook off, we were getting more problem in cook off than lunchtime.