From “Hello World” to Getting a Job at Google - Sameer Gulati

Hey Everyone!

I wrote a blog about my Competitive Programming Journey and Interview Experiences. Do check it out!

58 Likes

It was a very well written blog, bookmarked. :slight_smile:
All the best with your job at Google!

4 Likes

Thank you! I am happy that you liked it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I already read, a day before yesterday my google app shows as a recommendation, it’s amazing and inspiring too. God bless brother may god gives u health and wealth keep shining.:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Can you tell me more about the showing up as a recommendation part? :see_no_evil:

actually mere jo google app hai (jesa ek ad me bhi aata hai ki apke intrest ke hisab se post dikhayega ex : cricket , football etc) ese hi muje bhi mere intrest me yehi wala blog show hua. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@neo1tech9_7 Congrats brother…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Congrats Sameer :smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Bro how much package they offer …just curious to know☺️

I can’t tell that. Sorry!

I think the name GOOGLE is enough to estimate about the package…

1 Like

" I made a decision to primarily focus on IOI and not on JEE next year ."
This is the line which I loved most.

I’m from IIT. I didn’t know anything about CP before JEE.
I have seen a person quitting CP/doing way less than (s)he used to do despite becoming Master in 10th class and missing IOI by just 1-2 ranks for JEE.

Not many people in schools know about CP, and very rarely people prefer IOI over JEE.

Kudos to you. You did what you loved most. And finally, at a place where you intended to go. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Its my favourite line too :smile: It was very risky but I am happy it worked out in the end :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Above 1cr…:heart_eyes:, But @neo1tech9_7 why any media (like newspaper, Facebook) not show your name for selection in Google, bcz when Abdullah was selected I saw almost 50 above post from media , and the package too …

1 Like

I did not give any interviews in media. I just wanted to tell the journey through my blog :slight_smile:

8 Likes

thanks for blog love it ioi over jee …

1 Like

Congrats!! :love_you_gesture:
What a journey!!!
Starting competitive programming at the school level is something which the indian education system lacks. I never knew about such things until my schooling. Indian education needs to change a bit for CP :slightly_smiling_face: . But that day was not away when we came to know about CP through our seniors and it’s importance.:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

you are genius bhaiya

1 Like