How to manage IOI and/or other things like IMO,JEE alongside school

Well said…!

2 Likes

I did not even know what is coding when I was in 10th-11th. FML . :smiley::innocent::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

7 Likes

Same here…i wish i could go back in time and start coding early :sob:

3 Likes

Hah man same here :sob: I wish i knew.

2 Likes

Yes! This school is just a hell in India! Now schools are becoming more and more business least education even if its a ICSE school it doesn’t matter. I agree completely with you Bro!

Thanks for replying!

3 Likes

Refer this link of Sameer Gulati::–> Link. It will help for sure!!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Man it was really a motivating blog.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Ok so, in class 9, I had the same thing. I was in ICSE board, went to FIITJEE for JEE, and wanted to do imo and ioi.

1. Fiitjee covered the science portion, and I just studied the theory portion for 2 days before any exam.
  2. English is tough. I used to go to an english tuition. (It was an epic ttn. so english didnt require too much effort from my side). But still. keep in touch with merchant of venice atleast. the other books can be done before exam.
  3. do zco/inoi and rmo/inmo prep on alternate days. For say. 3 hours. This should be enough. I assume you are a social person like me, and thinking about problems in class/while in school is not an option.

So overall, each day you will have school. on weekends you have fiitjee. Leaving that, some time with your girlfriend/boyfriend if you have any, some time for fun, and such, you should have around 6 hours to study. so 3hrs, do solid olympiad prep. 1 hr you will procrastinate and daydream. and rest 2 hrs, study SST/english.

(I also had some other CS stuff that I was giving most of my time to. but I am not accounting for it here )

Result : cleared RMO/NSEJS/ZCO/INOI. (and some other this that exams)
Class 10 onwards i had a much differenet situation that I dont think will apply to you so omitting.

6 Likes

I too had these problems.

1 Like

I didn’t know about IOI/IMO or even JEE when I was in school. Here is all I remember from ICSE English. Antonio was sad and I don’t know why the fuck he was sad, and frankly I don’t care. Study for IOI/IMO. I later came to know about JEE and stuff in 10th, 2 years are more than sufficient to prep for JEE. These Olympiads are great, I solve some papers now when I’m free in college coz its fun. Have fun man, shit will take care of itself. Prepare for boards in the last month or something and you’ll be good enough to score 90+ anyway. Make good use of the exposure you have, many people aren’t lucky enough to have it.

NOBODY WILL ASK YOU YOUR ICSE SCORE, IOI/IMO medals are definitely much bigger achievements than being even rank 1 in the country in ICSE.

5 Likes

yeah , btech is also trash if anyone doing in tier 3 college they just teach shit . cheers from a Dropout .

what is a tier-3 college?

Basically it’s ranking of colleges… tier-1 are best ones, tier-2 are little below them, and tier-3 are little below tier-2.

Tier 3 colleges are even worst than schools . The environment here is just so toxic and everyone here feels like zombies . The professors here all they will teach you is to mug up the outdated syllabus and vomit it in the exam . You will rarely find people passionate enough like you . Coding culture is almost absent here.
The best way IMO to deal with colleges like this is just to ignore everything else and find 1-2 passionate people like you and do what you gotta do .

4 Likes

Believe me, If I did not have to do all those useless homework and projects, then I would’ve been far better at programming now.

3 Likes

I don’t think blaming schools and colleges is going to help as of now… because no one has any idea of competitive programming in School, its relatively a very new field for Indian School Students, they/institutions will take some time to get used to it. Not anyone’s fault really. :slight_smile:

No bro, I don’t regret a bit for starting coding in 2nd year.(in 3rd year now…)… I am happy that I had fun in childhood and did not bang my head with these problems :stuck_out_tongue:
Life is not all about coding … Fun , enjoyment and other kiddish things we do when we are kids is also necessary ! I am glad I did not take the un-necessary burden :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I believe interested people should start coding in childhood only :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can fell you bro . :sob:

That’s true bro!

20char

1 Like

I am such a guy
I do not believe in schools.