I was wondering if it would be possible for codechef to replace one long challenge with several short contests like cookoff and lunchtime. Here are some reasons codechef should consider it as an option:
- High plagiarism rate in long challenges, giving cheaters unfair rating boost.
- It is more fun to compete under time pressure, it actually forces participants to step out of their comfort zone by making them think fast with more accuracy (Isn’t that the whole point of “competitive programming”?).
- Now 10 days is long duration of time, if let say I solve 5 questions in 2 days of time then I will have to wait for 8 days to get answers of rest of questions which is very annoying, which kind of hinders the growing process.
- Increasing the number of contests will give participants rating change more frequently which will keep us motivated even if one contest went bad.
- Now I understand long challenges mainly aim to motivate participant to learn new concepts and algorithms. But participant can learn them by solving questions post contest and applying that skill to future contests.
@admin please let me know what you think about it. It is just a humble suggestion as codechef has taught me a lot and I want it to be a better platform than it is today. <3