I am done with this Competitive Coding!

Why did ANYONE bump this useless thread. Just let ‘em quit. Ever heard of necropostin’ pal?

2 Likes

Hi Ninja,

Its fine! Your aim should be to learn the concepts & not worry about rank /stars

On 3m 20sec, watch this CP guy telling “u won’t be using CP after job anyway”:-

This appears too good to be real, as if intentionally dipped his rating.

Because most of us are bunch of losers who need vague motivational bs to feel good for a moment and then get back to the same lazy whining state. The people who actually want to improve are not even asking these questions, they are actually putting effort to improve themselves. It’s easier to give up and/or whine then to try and succeed.

4 Likes

Nice Research. I have never seen such a profile and such DEDICATION.

1 Like

Look having discussion over such topic repeatedly will not do any good but will only go on emerging in top of discuss forum.It would be better to let the person do competitive programming who loves , it’s as simple as that.

“Omg how to become 5 star in 2 weeks”
“Omg cp is so hard I quit, change my mind pls”
“Give me problems so I can qualify for IOI easily pls”
Just plain pathetic. And sadly, common.

2 Likes

“I have an IQ of XYZ, is it possible for me to become Red on Codeforces in one year, if I work immensely hard?”

well said!

Its amusing to see most guys addicted to CP / CC & obsessed with their star ratings !
My parents told me “Companies require well rounded tech skills (not just CP). Infact, in most real projects you hardly use CP knowledge (basic level DS/Algo/CP is sufficient)”.

The problem with addiction is you could miss out on developing other skills / fail to get internships / may perform poorly on real projects:-

So @ninja_6969 its ok to quit CP…but not ok to break another mechanical keyboard !
Try to gain tech skills by working on open source / real projects, build ur own products , do tech certifications … life can not end at mere CP rating :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this aint true , cp is done for fun and improving one’s problem solving skills by coding not for getting job interviews . for example Petr - Codeforces and Rating - Codeforces ( ← who work at google ) also still do cp . to do cp or not upto his own wish ! .
ps - stop necroposting ! @admin please lock this post .

4 Likes

Yeah…cp is fun, i don’t do it for job…i love CP as much as i love video games.

8 Likes

chill man play csgo!
join astralis if u can :smiley:
…nahh xD

Think of why you started cp in the first place…just to quit today? Have patience and just code.

P.S. I personally think that becoming global in csgo is much harder then cp :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

playing for 1.5 years still gn1 . i should blame my hardware :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How you are able to solve soo many questions in a contest??

gnm and mm is shit man…actually imma try hard mg xD

1 Like

just like i said in second reply of post no one cares you quit or not .

this is not chit chat forum .

im aint here for you searching all companies people doing cp or not . everyone who’s a better at solving computational problems do cp no matter what company .

just coz your parents said a thing , im aint a sheep like you to blindy believe without knowing the truth . look around the internet and quora instead for the answers is cp is done for "lame job interviews " or for fun . in fact why the hell do you think different kinda algo’s are there if we arent gonna use them in real projects? where the hell are they gonna use then ? without use why the hell do they teach and they exist ? why they invented and proved them ? just think and use some brain before blindly commenting .

3 Likes

stop asking that and work hard …

1 Like

I think this thread has dragged a bit too much. I aint against the discussion but discussion of How relevant is cpp does not do justice to title of the thread. You may create a new thread to carry on that discussion but not in this one.

5 Likes