Invitation to CodeChef August Long Challenge 2020

Greetings CodeChef community!

The CodeChef August Long Challenge is all set to be served. We invite coders from across the community to become a part of this ten-day long coding Contest.

The contest will be live from 7th August till 17th August. So code, learn and don’t forget to become a part of this exceptional race to the top of the leaderboard.

The problem statements will be available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Russian, Mandarin, and Vietnamese. Also if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in the CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Code against Programmers from all over the globe in this thrilling contest! Accompanying me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

#Contest Details:

Time: 7th August 2020 (1500 hrs) to 17th August 2020 (1500 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: https://bit.ly/AUG20-CodeChef-discuss

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

Top 20 performers in the Indian category and top 10 performers in the Global category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. First to solve each problem except challenge - 100 laddus. Know more here: https://goodies.codechef.com/.

Good Luck!

Hope to see you participating!!

Happy Programming !!

14 Likes

Welcome to 10 days of “Please make long challenge unrated” posts every 2 hours.

47 Likes

Wish, it does not happen in this Long

@daniel_1999 how many problems in each division ?

Eleven in total. Don’t know about divisions distribution, though.

2 Likes

May be 8 in div1 and 8 in div2 with 5 problems common(8+8-5=11)

1 Like

I really liked the last long challenge’s(July) pattern. It had a total of 10 problems in each division which made it more balanced.

1 Like

I really miss those days when @alei come up with announcement like
“I challenge all the top coders to AC all the questions less than X hours”
like january and May XD

9 Likes

Expecting a good problem involving XOR… @mohammed200218

1 Like

@alei :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:
It is going to be fun!!

1 Like

@daniel_1999 what topics will be asked ?

2 Likes

bhaii tum apna naam gajab chuna h :grinning:

4 Likes

kahe ka baap :rofl:

1 Like

Finally we have a dad for our beloved chef. :slightly_smiling_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: @chef_ka_baap

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Welcome to all indians for a race of cheating

nah man, i m cool with thinking and googling

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

@hari_2666 You r a saddist ! there r 2 sides of a coin. same in life there r 2 sides of everything. nothing is permanent. today u have everything, tomorrow u have nothing. always appreciate life and appreciate codechef

1 Like

if u have something to say…say
dont tag people unnecesarily
5 mins ago u tagged striver for no reason .