May Lunctime to be rated

If you want to keep contest unrated than reconduct the contest with diff sets of problems.

2 Likes

Would request admin to reply to this thread

Actually, the problem is most of the users have not noticed the announcement and kept coding. This contest could have been made rated as the server errors lasted for about 10-20 minutes. They could have simply extended the time and kept it rated.
There were around 3000 participants in DIV II. :confused:

@admin can keep this rated for DIV II only, if possible.

1 Like

Agreed.
I faced many issues during the contest but still submitted somehow & solved the most problems I ever have in lunchtime contests to date.

It was really disappointing to see that it won’t be rated after all the patience & effort.

rated for division 1 as well

Yes, it should be rated. It was my best performance so far. It may not be good enough for others, but for me it was the first time I was able to get a decent rank. I feel that I should consider other online coding platforms because this is not nice

We can’t…

1 Like

It was not the case… Even in my browser one tab was opening and one was not…
I opened submit tab with same link twice… Then one which I opened late , got opened first… Afaik it’s not at all like queue (first request got served first)

1 Like

I think codechef won’t mind…
You may consider other platforms if you wish to if the only reason is “you got nice rank and contest was unrated”
I wonder how can all of you perform well at same time and get better ranks at same time… Then who did bad than usual ??
I guess it’s because good coders left as aryanc403 pointed out…

3 Likes

Hey guys,don’t fight/argue like this…
I know many of you are deeply hurt. If you did good in this contest,trust me, you’ll do good in future contests as well.

And if you want ratings, June Long is all for you😋

Everybody should check @l_returns rating graph,he never participates for ratings and hence have improved so much​:heart_eyes::grinning:

2 Likes

It must be rated it was the contest which was best performed by me till date and the consequence was this :frowning: the problem was faced by each and everyone you must have extended the time but inspite of that you are just not rating it. Its completely unfair

Bro stop . It already decided.if you just want ratings you cant improve in this field . Ratings arent everything.

I participate for streak XD…
Not ratings…

1 Like

It isn’t but it matters too if you perform well. Even many where unaware that it got unrated there was no information or popup signifying it and I was till the end so efforts must be paid and the problem was with every user and there is no difference of ranking in comparison to prior contests

ok it is clear that the contest cannot be rated, but there can atleast be another round of may lunchtime in the coming days?

4 Likes

None of the contests should be rated if there is a server issue.
This is a fair rule, and you must be already aware of it if you are acquainted with Codeforces lol.

I knew right from the beginning that this was going to become unrated, otherwise it’d really be unfair as there was penalty for late submission and people just sat in front of there computers with the code already written for a problem but were not being able to submit it, and the time of submission was just becoming sheer luck based on if the server suddenly worked while they kept trying or not.

So, yep, where time is a factor, making it unrated is the only solution when server crashes.

4 Likes

How the hell do you think it would be rated if website doesnt even respond and giving 500 server err . And it continued for so long not 5mins or 10mins .

1 Like

Please do not make the assumption that only the elite programmers left the round midway bro. Everyone gets frustrated & leaves regardless of their percentile rank.

Personally, my performance was peak in this round in terms of the number of solutions I was able to get accepted compared to my previous lunchtime rounds.
I was expecting to be back to 2000+ with this one. That is really disappointing, even though I know there are always more challenges ahead to push further.
& If anything, I’d expect my patience to only go up as I push further up in the spectrum.

1 Like

Contest was easy… You all guys proved it… Now everyone won’t get good ranks… It’s just that you feel you would have got… but here the situation is everyone feels that they might have got good ranks…

Naaa…last 2 problems of Div-1 are hard for most of the Div-1 guys like me :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes