Only for girls? Codechef Summer Internship challenge!

So this time codechef has already decided to take only girls through all india Internship for CodeChef Software Engineering program.

Doc link: CodeChef - Developer - JD intern - Google Docs

9 Likes

Codess ko kaise mana kr skte hai??

2 Likes

Sorry for being rude, but, are you like, 12 years old or something?

12 Likes

No words.

may be it’s a typo

4 Likes

then if google is hiring only girls this time, why boy’s act like 12 year old? haha :slight_smile:

15 Likes

How is that issue even related here? Hiring girls is quite different from mentioning the general intern to be female. For example, what if they had written “he” instead of “she”? Would it have been any different? Yeah, I agree “he/she” would have been more appropriate, but I guess there is no harm done, right? Ranting about a generalization like this is simply childish, and I guess it doesn’t deserve a separate thread to be created at the least.

PS: They haven’t mentioned some gender in the “What should you possess” section, so I guess you are completely fine here. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Well, now we know one person whom we don’t want to select. Thanks for advertising your chauvinism.

Jokes aside (am I actually kidding?..), educate yourself - word usage - Reason for the current trend to use «she» as the gender-neutral pronoun? - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange

20 Likes

How exactly does “she” mean gender neutral tho ? the post is 9 years old and if codechef follows that , maybe we do not want to work for such a misandry organization either.

1 Like

We aren’t begging you to apply :slight_smile: More than happy to not associate ourselves with people who don’t understand this.

17 Likes

You didn’t “beg” anyone , but everyone have been “informed” and we do have a right to state our opinion . Is this your first day as a brand manager ? how exactly is the OP “chauvinist” , I can only see misandry here and nothing else.

4 Likes

Did I ever say that you can’t state your opinion?
We don’t really care about our brand if basic human decency is the price to be paid for it.

Taking offense when “she” is used, but not batting an eyelid when “he” is used in the same place (which is done everywhere) is not a characteristic we care for.

15 Likes

Do you know if i never batted an eye when “he” was used as a gender neutral pronoun ? , why’d you call him a chauvinist for stating that fact and how could you possibly allege that i have never batted an eye when “he” was used as a gender neutral pronoun ? Instead of clarifying the OPs doubts you started name calling.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

admin ab tu feminism k naam pe roone mat baith ja. Bara nautanki h tum logo ka.

7 Likes

They keep forgetting feminism means equality for both genders ,not overpowering one particular gender.

5 Likes

Ah yes, of course, that super common phenomenon of a guy flipping out and creating an entire thread because “he” was used as a gender-neutral word! How could I forget that!!

3 Likes

well i don’t see any girl flipping out because “she” was used here either , so that’s that.
What i see is some admin of a huge company for students justifying something.

2 Likes

Well what I feel is @admin could have simply said that it was some mistake from their end instead of arguing over here. Shows the maturity! Also I do not have any problem be it anything.
We do consider “he” as gender neutral because we know there are literally no one out there who will just conduct some competition for only guys. Where as we all know about various competitions just for Girl-candidates. Not against it, but you should specify it as he/she and if you are wrong somewhere then do accept instead of googling how to prove yourself correct. Peace out!

9 Likes

Um, would you be kind enough to point out the mistake? I don’t seem to find any… :thinking:

2 Likes