Tough TCS Codevita: Zone 2

I had the same set.

2 Likes

Same also happened with me,my graph was not showing even after 15 minutes of an AC submission.Though my submission section was showing correctly.

was your approach correct and submitted successfully?

Anyone solved string pair problem and got ac ?if yes ,can plzz share the code

After giving today two competition codevita and google than i realize that service based company ask tough question rather than product base because in codevita round i have solved only one question in 6 hours but in google have 60 mins and give two problem and i have solve first and second one partially

2 Likes

Even Odd was not solvable bro :slightly_smiling_face:

They said they have tested thoroughly.
You know what thorough testing is like:

• Tester: “Hey! Can you share the code that you used for testcase generation?”
  • Setter: “Ya Sure, here it is.”
  • Tester (in mind): “Yahi code submit karke bol deta hu testing ho gayi. Inko kya hi pata chalega.”

Tada, “thorough” testing completed! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Later when the contest is live:

TCS be like: “Hmm, this time we have made tough problems. Impressive!”

Aww Snap, did I write problems! Sorry, those are questions in TCS’s language :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

i wasted a lot of hrs in this

Hello Passionate Coder, Let me tell you about a legend
TCS: Codevita
This was the the most shittiest S H I T I have ever experienced in my entire S H I T T Y life!
This is the tale of the biggest problem setting scandal in the whole world!

• Head Guy: Guys, come on its only 45 mins to start the contest, we have to frame 25 problems!
  • TCS Intern: Don’t worry sir, I’ll make problems, test data and upload within a minute.
  • Samajdar Guy: Sir, I’ll do the testing.
  • Head Guy: Koi sense hai iss baat ki? Humko toh nahi lag rahi Why waste time in testing? You just make sure you reframe the questions to make it look difficult!

(While Editing)

• Now Non-Samajdar Guy: Oh snap! We have so less time remaining. I don’t have enough time to read and reframe all the questions. What should I do?

He prays to god to help him, but apparently God was busy so he sent, SELMON BHOI to help him

• SELMON: Hey Boi, don’t worry at all. Just delete every alternate sentence from the problem statement, it will become DIFFICULT
  • Non-Samajdar guy: Oh yeahh SELMON GOD, thanku so much!

This is how the whole contest was made, were everyone was on high weed!
(Actually it was not weed, it was some Grass from village grassland where people go every morning for shitting)
Thus the grass proved the law of conservation of shittiness

22 Likes

#include<bits/stdc++.h>

using namespace std;

string num[101]={“zero”,“one”,“two”,“three”,“four”,“five”,“six”,“seven”,“eight”,
“nine”,“ten”,“eleven”,“twelve”,“thirteen”,“fourteen”,“fifteen”,“sixteen”,“seventeen”,
“eighteen”,“nineteen”,“twenty”,“twentyone”,“twentytwo”,“twentythree”,“twentyfour”,
“twentyfive”,“twentysix”,“twentyseven”,“twentyeight”,“twentynine”,“thirty”,“thirtyone”,
“thirtytwo”,“thirtythree”,“thirtyfour”,“thirtyfive”,“thirtysix”,“thirtyseven”,
“thirtyeight”,“thirtynine”,“forty”,“fortyone”,“fortytwo”,“fortythree”,“fortyfour”,
“fortyfive”,“fortysix”,“fortyseven”,“fortyeight”,“fortynine”,“fifty”,“fiftyone”,“fiftytwo”,
“fiftythree”,“fiftyfour”,“fiftyfive”,“fiftysix”,“fiftyseven”,“fiftyeight”,“fiftynine”,
“sixty”,“sixtyone”,“sixtytwo”,“sixtythree”,“sixtyfour”,“sixtyfive”,“sixtysix”,“sixtyseven”,“sixtyeight”,“sixtynine”,“seventy”,
“seventyone”,“seventytwo”,“seventythree”,“seventyfour”,“seventyfive”,“seventysix”,“seventyseven”,“seventyeight”,“seventynine”,
“eighty”,“eightyone”,“eightytwo”,“eightythree”,“eightyfour”,“eightyfive”,“eightysix”,“eightyseven”,“eightyeight”,“eightynine”,
“ninety”,“ninetyone”,“ninetytwo”,“ninetythree”,“ninetyfour”,“ninetyfive”,“ninetysix”,“ninetyseven”,“ninetyeight”,“ninetynine”,“hundred”
};

int main(void) {

int i,n,sum=0,count=0,f[101],j,present[101];

cin>>n;

for(int i=1;i<101;i++) present[i]=0;

int a[n];
for(i=0;i<n;i++)
{
cin>>a[i];
present[a[i]]++;
}

f[1]=2,f[2]=1,f[3]=2,f[4]=2,f[5]=2,f[6]=1,f[7]=2,f[8]=2,f[9]=2,f[10]=1,f[11]=3,f[12]=2,f[13]=3,f[14]=4,f[15]=3,f[16]=3,f[17]=4,f[18]=4,f[19]=4,f[20]=1,f[21]=3,f[22]=2,f[23]=3,f[24]=3,f[25]=3,f[26]=2,f[27]=3,f[28]=3,f[29]=3,f[30]=1,f[31]=3,f[32]=2,f[33]=3,f[34]=3,f[35]=3,f[36]=2,f[37]=3,f[38]=3,f[39]=3,f[40]=1,f[41]=3,f[42]=2,f[43]=3,f[44]=3,f[45]=3,f[46]=2,f[47]=3,f[48]=3,f[49]=3,f[50]=1,f[51]=3,f[52]=2,f[53]=3,f[54]=3,f[55]=3,f[56]=2,f[57]=3,f[58]=3,f[59]=3,f[60]=1,f[61]=3,f[62]=2,f[63]=3,f[64]=3,f[65]=3,f[66]=2,f[67]=3,f[68]=3,f[69]=3,f[70]=2,f[71]=4,f[72]=3,f[73]=4,f[74]=4,f[75]=4,f[76]=3,f[77]=4,f[78]=4,f[79]=4,f[80]=2,f[81]=4,f[82]=3,f[83]=4,f[84]=4,f[85]=4,f[86]=3,f[87]=4,f[88]=4,f[89]=4,f[90]=2,f[91]=4,f[92]=3,f[93]=4,f[94]=4,f[95]=4,f[96]=3,f[97]=4,f[98]=4,f[99]=4,f[100]=2;

for(i=0;i<n;i++)sum+=f[a[i]];

for(i=1;i<101;i++)
{
for(j=i;j<101;j++)
{
if((i!=j)&((present[i]>0)&(present[j]>0))&(i+j==sum)) count++;
else if((i==j)&(present[i]>=2)&(i+j==sum)) count++;
}
}
//printf("%s",num[count-1]);
//printf(“count”)
if(cout<=100) cout<<num[count];
else cout<<“greater 100”;
return 0;
}

i think you have some small mistakes in ur code , this should be correct one.

1 Like

Nice, so that means. I had 2 unsolvable problems in my set. And was left with 4 which were hard🙂

3 Likes

We are same bro, I am able to do the B(Election) only :slight_smile:

Indeed.

You know what, I started in early hours of the contest. Tried 2 problems but couldn’t get AC. After spending almost 2 hours, I checked the Graphs section, at that time only 2 problems had submissions which were either Accepted or had Presentation Error, I solved those two problems in about an hour.

Then I checked the graph again, still the condition was same and I was like, one more problem and I will be on TOP. Hell yeah!!! :star_struck:

Later, in an hour, I realised that I was not spending time, but I was actually wasting time on those problems. I checked the graph, it showed over 2500 unaccepted, but no accepted solution yet. I mailed them regarding the same, and they replied: “The problems have been thoroughly tested, check your solution.”

Remaining two problems had no accepted submissions too, so considering the situation then, I assumed that those were thoroughly tested too, and decided to quit. Most probably, others must have assumed the same, since there were not so many submissions at that time. But when I checked the graph in the last 5 minutes, there were some Amoeba sized bars of presentation error verdict (for the remaining two problems questions).

Hats Off to the TCS CodeVita Season 9 Setting Team (& Testing team too, if they exist)

Thank You for such a great, I mean not so great Contest. (flow flow me great likh diya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

P.S, The two thoroughly tested problems were Fill the Cube and Odd Even.

2 Likes

Cool down bruh
:joy:

The only mistake that i have made is in space between two words .if it it mentioned in the problem statement correctly that would be have accpeted .poor problem statement

I think TCS this year strategy for hiring would be something like that:
TCS to interviewee: Do you understood the problem statement?
Student: Yes but could not implement it.
TCS: Its alright, you are selected. This year students just have to understand what the question really meant(they don’t concern about whether it is solvable or not. They were just thinking that “how to torture the students for 6hours with a question which is logically incorrect.”)

9 Likes

hii, bro but why they don’t show to live graph in ongoing contest

I think it was some Algae from TCS Gutter :thinking:

Interviewer: Kya kya kar lete ho?
Interviewee: Sir galat testcases banake full confidence me reply kar sakta hu ki tum saare ke saare 3000 log nikamme ho, sabke solutions galat hai.
Interviewer: Salary kitni loge bhaiya, discuss karle.

7 Likes

yess poor prob. statement & testcases r also very bad & wrong too much but the mistake in ur code is
suppose the sum is 9 then if {5,4} appears more then one time then that will be counted more than one, i think one pair is one allowed only time as per understanding the question.
but any way whole problem is wrong totally :grimacing:

1 Like

Those who generally like to get high on
:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :raised_hand: Weed
:relieved: :point_right: Garden Grass

Maybe because of too many reports with Graphs as proof of their thorough testing.