Use this for anything related to plagiarism - Reporting cheating, appeals, etc

Well, It was just a basic brute-force approach that everyone thinks of when they see sub-sequence and N<=16 in sub-task. And you will definitely find similar submissions to this whomever trying to get only those 20 points during contest.

5 Likes

@krunal9220 hey I don’t think so and couldn’t agreed less and whatever step needed to be taken we have taken so don’t worry this is not about only this submission .and those like you got in this reply most probably your friend and your depended and don’t bluff regarding bruteforce .all you done is change variable name and using silly template and all .all step needed that was required it already TAKEN so BE CHILL.

@krunal9220 if you do caught in cheating simply accept it but still you are hiding it .and just are just bluffing here .don’t compelled me to show all of your submission history to all this community. don’t messed with people if you are cheater also you have caught many times
in plagiarism it is shown by your graph and also got to know you has been caught in plagiarism after feb long challenge but its not updated i graph bcz appeal phase is still going on

its not ur mistake its mistake by the person who is providing solutions to you .but i will make sure they also regret it

people like you ruining code chef and cp culture.DA

if you not gonna accept it we will share all plagiarized submission of you and ur friend here

Are plag checking going on for previous contests?

They are cheating in every contest

@admin @vijju123 @tempt919 @l_returns @yashrajkakkad I recently got aware of this and this is utter bull crap! The account being talked about in the April Challenge 2019 case is mine. How has no action been taken against him/her or his account disabled?
I have been emailing the codechef team as well about this issue since a month but still haven’t received any response from them about it.
It is highly unethical and sets a bad precedent on codechef that this can happen so easily and openly. I am awaiting an update and have appealed for reverting my account back to how it was. But this is extremely vile!

3 Likes

October long challenge 2020
Cheater

1. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone, and, CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
  2. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone, and, CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
  3. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone, and, CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
  4. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone, and, CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

October Long challenge : Plagiarism in Long Challenge

“Indian tourist’s” - I hope its just a coincidence

As This Thread was closed, same thing here

Please prove me wrong
There was a forum discussion where people were talking about last hour plagiarism of long challenge.

The submissions which were being talked about, i did a little analysis, and it lead me to one place
thats this - https://www.codechef.com/rankings/OCT20B?filterBy=Institution%3DK%20L%20University&order=asc&sortBy=rank

Same pattern could be found here- https://www.hackerearth.com/challenges/competitive/september-circuits-20/leaderboard/page/8/

The names (not username) of students are their roll numbers. Lets assume college promotes CP and monitors and motivates student.

Leave students out, check out the professors account, all have been done in last 1 hour.
But Let assume , since they are professors they have big brains and can pull this of. But still you should have a look.

‘Indian Tourist 1’ has multiple accounts-
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/38899839
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/38899455

Just wanted to know your views.

2 Likes

so the rating have been updated and my rank was still the same. i was hoping it would get better when the cheaters were banned. :frowning:

1 Like

@its_ravi
please review his profile he has very mysterious behavior he submits in last hour of each long challenge and his code template changes in every long challenge

1 Like

I really don’t get , what’s wrong with codechef:

• Long challenges with mass cheating.
  • Rank publishing before catching plagiarism .
  • Unbalanced short contests for DIV2.

What do you want to do , there are already very few students who want to do competitive programming seriously in India, and codechef wants to demotivate them too.

Even after 10+ year of operating this site, some basic issues are not being handled properly.

3 Likes

This is regarding attributes mentioning, I referred to a code on minimum spanning tree , and also gave attributes as comments in my code as topic name and website name but I haven’t mentioned the site address, So will this be marked for plagiarism too?

@admin from our heart please accept one request , please do not make rating changes untill MOSS caught cheaters and updated ranklist either it take 10 or 20 days but please do not update , this is too much , sometimes it’s really frustrating and sad because users just cheat and then show off like they did very well and so much of hard work blah blah blah … Please consider this request , the genuine users have no issue with this ( I hope so) .

Sorry, that’s just not feasible, as the MOSS process, even in the best case scenario takes many weeks to complete.

2 Likes

Then do something else please because if this type of thing is going on , very bad for community , also one suggestion separate long ratings with total combined rating , and increase at least 2 short contest more .

Also , on each question if possible please write on top / bottom in RED color that CC takes very serious actions against those who cheat , at least 30 to 40% cheating will be less.

1 Like

I don’t understand why people are so much obessed with the rating, & also with the cheaters. Those who are cheating they are actually harming themself. Just leave them sooner or later they will understand. Codechef need to take care of lots of thing instead of just caring for cheaters.

2 Likes

So atlast you have understood after plagiarism 6 times.

3 Likes

Ofc yes.

Bruh its not only me many people out here uses multi accounts . I’m just smurfing on other one