Cheating on telegram groups

Yeah , This was my first codechef contest ever . Somehow i managed to solve half of the questions. Not bad , not good either . It’s quite discouraging to see these people involved in such activities . I think ,i as a beginner , doing much better by solving problems on my own . and we must focus more on learning than on getting good ranks . These people should be ashamed of themselves . One request to all "Let the contest be as fair as possible " .

11 Likes

Cheating in codechef’s long challenge is not a new thing.

2 Likes

At this point, there is no point in discussing why Long Challenges are bad in the long run. Sure, you learn new concepts, but cheating can be eliminated if they are made unrated.

8 Likes

Seeing people achieving good ratings by practicing such things. It’s really annoying for me.

i warned them

2 Likes

@tannatsri
what say now?
TOLD YOU IT WAS A BAD IDEA

check this out:

4 Likes

lol yeah

In this way you can avoid cheating but participation will also decrease, rating act as motivation to try problems for 10 days.

1 Like

The admin of this group is @kaiyu . Do you have anything to say Bro? How will you ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

dw…in the long run, cheaters will get nothing out of this
Those who cheat will never actually gain true knowledge…think bout this, how will they cheat their way out of a job interview? sooner or later they’ll pay.
Cheating for the sole purpose of getting higher rating is the stupidest fancy a coder can have

8 Likes

@admin I know people at codechef would have already started looking at these cheating matters and future of long contests but please make the process faster because cheating is increasing after every contest, like group of 900 members are insane, codechef is loosing its credibility.

not really, cheating can never be eliminated in practice.
Also, making challenges unrated might only demotivate new coders from participating.

4 Likes

offline groups should not be allowed…

The only way they can get the phone numbers / usernames for offline groups is by using CC Discuss in the first place…like @tannatsri is doing

It seems you were not able to understand the hint ,went to his DM and was probably mocked by him or anyone else on the group.
Do you know why codeforces dont give much importance to this or any coder rated 6 and above not crying here.Its because they are competing with themselves, enjoying the problems and not seeing the rank list which most of the low rank coders do.
Let them do whatever they want coz if you are good aand willing to improve they can never win against you.Be positive!!
Rating is temporary class is permanent.

7 Likes

Guys its now useless to report because we all know this is happening from few months. People posting video solution before contest ends, discussing in telegram etc. So don’t be upset over this. Be happy that you solved this X problems on your own, be it by reading different articles, or papers etc.
The last two problems, delicious cake and guessnum were excellent problems. Though I couldn’t solve delicious cake, but because of that I learnt Convex hull. Maybe applying on any problem will take some time, but still I learnt.
Same for GUESSNUM, I could solve for 15 points. But in the hope of solving it fully, I read some papers and got to know about Hamming function(7,4) and many things.
So let them do anything. It doesn’t matter, you got to learn thats it

5 Likes

that’s … what i said. Also, we will end up better off than these cheaters in the long run, since we are actually learning and gaining important knowledge in our efforts

uff…the irony

will end up worse than we are effected rn

yes, learn for yourself, and do it for knowledge rather than these fleeting ratings.
Keep up the competitive spirit and sportmanship

Very discouraging to see this and people become 6 stars by just giving Long challenge.I think Codechef should make a separate rating for Long challenges and to get their ratings people should participate in a certain number of short contests too(say 8 to 10).If such thing continues then ,their these ratings are of no use.

If these things doesn’t happen than I might have got half the rank I get now :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: