I am done with this Competitive Coding!

I’m done with CP?

Bhai dekh:

Pehle dekhke kalti lelete
Lekin ab samne se hath yeh milate
Aur hum bhi harami
Mila dete hath jis hath se hum hilate

• emiway (mazak hai kya)

[Translation: They first ignored me, now they come exclusively for tight handshakes. But, I’m still a great bastard, I use same hands which were reserved for fetish orgasm ]

Read more: MAZAK HAI KYA LYRICS - Emiway Bantai

1. harami ban. BC kaise ni hoga tere se? jinki kuch awkaat ni hai we bhi bahoot kuch ukkhad dete hai, tu isse better kar hi lega !
    [Translation: It’s too late to quit. You already have moved to much ]

2. If you can’t do it, pretend to do it. It’s okay if you are not a good CP, come here, help newbies, solve their problems, give them tips. It won’t take much to you to get back with extreme motivation and positiveness.

3. If you don’t want to hear my advice. Switch off your PC and mobile and sit in isolated different room. It’s boring, right? It’d be much fun failing and messing rather than sitting without anything.

4. How to gain your motivation? You atleast learnt a lot of things, graph theory, dp etc. Teach them to newcomers, you know more than them. See you’ve progressed. That’s how CP works. You don’t have motivation → you remember that you started with empty hands and shit → You learnt a lot of things → It’s too late to quit now!

How to see your progress? Meet people who know less than you, are having stupid problems and show them that you are the Great Ninja of Programming !

12 Likes

Have a look at my profile, If you are feeling low, you may get some inspiration.

Is there any internet in North Korea?

Btw, my profile isn’t much different from yours :smiley: We both will have to work hard :slight_smile:

Well, We do have, but limited to Universities.

1 Like

That’s good. I see north Korean students doing much better here. Glad to hear that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once See his Profile
Kerim.K
Acoording to you he should have left CP long ago, but see where he is now…:upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I have been facing the same but what keeps me going is that one dream of becoming one of the best programmers not only that Green TICK or AC after 20-25 attempts. Competitive programming needs more patience, if you lose it you won’t be able to ace it. Many times I screw up the contest, I do lose hope but I don’t run out of it. “HARDEST CHOICES REQUIRE THE STRONGEST WILLS”. Competitive Programming is one of the hardest choices that you have chosen now it requires the strongest will to master it.

5 Likes

If you think you want to leave cp, just see this guy. His rating is -36 on codeforces lol. Still he participates in contests regularly.

7 Likes

@koulick_424 You need to see her code then you get to know whether he actually participate in the contest or not…:stuck_out_tongue:

Why did ANYONE bump this useless thread. Just let ‘em quit. Ever heard of necropostin’ pal?

2 Likes

Hi Ninja,

Its fine! Your aim should be to learn the concepts & not worry about rank /stars

On 3m 20sec, watch this CP guy telling “u won’t be using CP after job anyway”:-

This appears too good to be real, as if intentionally dipped his rating.

Because most of us are bunch of losers who need vague motivational bs to feel good for a moment and then get back to the same lazy whining state. The people who actually want to improve are not even asking these questions, they are actually putting effort to improve themselves. It’s easier to give up and/or whine then to try and succeed.

4 Likes

Nice Research. I have never seen such a profile and such DEDICATION.

1 Like

Look having discussion over such topic repeatedly will not do any good but will only go on emerging in top of discuss forum.It would be better to let the person do competitive programming who loves , it’s as simple as that.

“Omg how to become 5 star in 2 weeks”
“Omg cp is so hard I quit, change my mind pls”
“Give me problems so I can qualify for IOI easily pls”
Just plain pathetic. And sadly, common.

2 Likes

“I have an IQ of XYZ, is it possible for me to become Red on Codeforces in one year, if I work immensely hard?”

well said!

Its amusing to see most guys addicted to CP / CC & obsessed with their star ratings !
My parents told me “Companies require well rounded tech skills (not just CP). Infact, in most real projects you hardly use CP knowledge (basic level DS/Algo/CP is sufficient)”.

The problem with addiction is you could miss out on developing other skills / fail to get internships / may perform poorly on real projects:-

So @ninja_6969 its ok to quit CP…but not ok to break another mechanical keyboard !
Try to gain tech skills by working on open source / real projects, build ur own products , do tech certifications … life can not end at mere CP rating :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this aint true , cp is done for fun and improving one’s problem solving skills by coding not for getting job interviews . for example Petr - Codeforces and Rating - Codeforces ( ← who work at google ) also still do cp . to do cp or not upto his own wish ! .
ps - stop necroposting ! @admin please lock this post .

4 Likes