How do I win a CodeChef Goodie?

I want to know how can I get a CodeChef goodie? In which monthly contests, how many goodies are given? Does CodeChef also give certificates to the winners?

24 Likes

You can buy the goodies of your choice from https://goodies.codechef.com/, using laddus. There are various ways to earn laddus, as listed below:

Division 1:

In Monthly Cook-Off Contests

*Top 10 Global users will get $100 each.
*Top 25 Indian users will get Amazon Vouchers worth Rs. 1500 each.

In Monthly Lunchtime Contests

*Top 10 Global users will get $100 each.
*Top 25 Indian users will get Amazon Vouchers worth Rs. 1500 each.

• Top 10 school students will receive 300 laddus & a certificate.
  • Top 10 Indian school students (except those in the point above) will receive 300 laddus & a certificate.

Miscellaneous Categories:

• Random Laddus to any 5 users: 200 laddus
  • 100% attendance participation: 1000 laddus (This is independent of Division. You should have non-zero score in your division. That is, the non-scorable problems from the other division do not count)
  • First to solve each problem individually: 100 laddus
  • Country wise participation: Top 10, 20 and 30 will get 30, 40 and 50 laddus as per participation (participation is counted by combining both Divisions)
  • Country wise performance: 200, 250, 300 laddus as per performance
  • Consistently in top 10 ranks: 2500 laddus

Read more about the Miscellaneous Categories here.

Division 2:

In Monthly Cook-Off Contests

For Global participants

• Top 5 from ranklist will receive 50 laddus.

For Indian participants

• Top 5 from ranklist (except users who received laddus in the previous point) will receive 50 laddus.

In Monthly Lunchtime Contests

For Global participants

• Top 5 school students from ranklist will receive 50 laddus & a certificate.

For Indian participants

• Top 5 school students (except users who received laddus in the previous point) will receive 50 laddus & a certificate.

Miscellaneous Categories:

• Random Laddus to any 5 users: 50 laddus
  • 100% attendance participation: 1000 laddus (This is independent of Division. You should have non-zero score in your division. That is, the non-scorable problems from the other division do not count)
  • First to solve each problem individually: 100 laddus (For problems common to both Divisions, only one user will get laddus for that problem)

Read more about the Miscellaneous Categories here.

In addition to all these, we also give goodies to:

• Every contest hosted with us. You can read more about it here.
  • Anyone who reports a genuine bug.

Note: We credit Laddus once the MOSS Plagiarism Process is complete.

36 Likes

You can simply earn laddus and redeem those for the CodeChef goodies.

You need to win contests for prizes. I mean you get some “Laddus” with which you can buy goodies for free.

I am new here. Is there a different ranklist for Indians or if Indians come first they get the prize money?

Thank you.

1 Like

@admin,@vijju123 i fell just top 3 school students in long challenge div 2 is low, i think top 5 might be better due to no of school students in div 2 is much higher when compared no of school students in div 1.
just a suggestion(atleast for indian school students)

4 Likes

Hi, have the prizes for march challenge been distributed ? I have received nothing yet. I last time I got something, it was very quick.

Isin’t it taking very long this time ?

4 Likes

This is with regard to the 100% participation. Will unrated contests like March Lunchtime 2018(LTIME58A) be taken into account for that category?

I wanted to participate in it, but as it was postponed I thought would do it in the practice section. So will my participation streak be reset to zero or not?

For obtaining 100% attendance participation reward, can a user’s participation streak start from Cook Off or Lunch Time?

Or will it start from the beginning of the month, i.e., Long Challenge?

For Example:

If a user is participating regularly from June Cook Off 2017, then can he get 100% attendance participation reward for June Cook Off 2017 to June Long Challenge 2018?

Or will he get it for July Long Challenge 2017 to June Lunch Time 2018?

2 Likes

Does this mean that user is eligible for cash prize only if he has been in the Top 2 in past?
Or he will get equivalent extra laddus for this?
And if a user has been in the top 2 in div2. And then in the top in Div1 because is not a first timer so he is eligible for cash?

1 Like

isn’t the codechef laddu distribution too harsh in div2 long challenge. it should be the same as div1 i suggest.

How to paly

Hello, I ranked fifth in the recent February Cook-Off 2019 Division 2 and by admin’s response to this question, 50 laddus are awarded:

Division 2:
IN MONTHLY COOK-OFF CONTESTS
For Global participants
Top 5 from ranklist will receive 50 laddus. Additionally, they get bonus (Bonus = n - contest rank) where 'n' is 6 for short contests.

However, there are no laddus present when I go to the CodeChef goodies page: Screenshot - 01cf162ba3d3021588599dc591e1f436 - Gyazo . Is this a bug, or is there a delay, or am I misinterpreting the prize description?

Thanks

2 Likes

I got India Rank 3 in Feb 2019 Long Challenge and also my rank was 3 in Top Challenge Scorers in the same contest, how many laddus will I get? 300 or 600

3 Likes

Just wondering how much djdolls would have collected until now :stuck_out_tongue:

25 Likes

@admin , How will we know about the 5 randomly selected participants for the Random Laddus prize category?

If i am not wrong, the “goodies” are now replaced by laddus.

Do we get response on reporting a bug whether the bug is inconsistent or was invalid ?

Or you can ask someone to give you one

Please bring T-shirts in stock.